Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chalkboard Inspiration

Inspired by Dana Tanamachi's amazing chalkboard creations, as mentioned by these two bloggers
I decided to jazz up my dining room chalkboard this week.



I've enjoyed keeping a passage of scripture or some other poetry or lyrics displayed in this busy space. Hopefully, these true and restful words can give my soul a moment of pause and reflection 
even while I'm wiping mashed eggs off the floor or giving a spelling test (or both).



The look I was trying to achieve with this hymn took some pre-planning on paper in order to determine how the phrases could fit together in an eclectic way while still being readable and balanced. 
I especially like how the word "Grace" stands out in the center of the board.



Praise God for the sufficiency of Jesus' blood and rightousness, 
and the sure anchor of his unchanging grace which holds us safe, 
even in the midst of the whelming flood. 


 I'm looking forward to seeing this daily reminder in the weeks to come.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. Do you have other copies that are for sale?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...