Monday, December 26, 2011

Free and Fast Table Setting {Pure Style Pretty}

 In the many (lovely and inspiring) hours (that I will never get back) viewing home decor-ish ideas in the vast reaches of the interwebs, I have landed on a few brilliant concepts that have made their way into my home.


One of these is the beautiful design sense of Lauren Liess, through her blog Pure Style Home. Lauren's style is a little vintage, a little traditional, a little modern, a bit of kitsch, and lots of simple, natural, comfort.


She often features twigs and clippings and random natural objects she picks up on the side of the road. 
I love how she encourages the discovery of beauty in quirky unexpected places 
and then (boldly) brings that living design into the home.

This Christmas Eve, just before dinner was ready, I had a Pure Style Home moment. I pulled out my wrinkled (relaxed/casual!) tablecloth and napkins, assembled a collection of mercury glass votives, and went out into the yard with some garden shears, ready to bring in any pretty thing that might work.





The result was a mixture of eugenia clippings and ferns in a low vase for a centerpiece 
and single ferns on each napkin for place settings.


Don't you think it's kind of thrilling to create something free and fast and beautiful, or is that just me?
(You can find a link to Lauren's blog ~ Pure Style Home ~ on the sidebar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...