Thursday, August 25, 2011

Summerland Inspiration {Bo-tan-ik}

While reunion-ing in Montecito, Scott and I stole away to Summerland for a bit 
to wander the antique shops (this reminded me of why I fake my antiques). 
A quick stroll around the sleepy shopping area brought us to Bo-tan-ik, 
an inspiring little garden boutique.




























 I love the casual garden style they have on display.

 
~ lots of terra cotta pots, boxwood topiaries, wicker, and succulents ~

 
These woven willow obelisks were a fun discovery since I picked up two of them at my local Goodwill for about $4 each a few years ago. (You can see them here.) These ones were priced around $35 each.


I also spotted some golf ball kohuhu. 
I've been hunting it lately. (More on that later.) 
It looks a little like boxwood, but seems less woody. 
The stems are very dark and contrast with the rounded evergreen leaves.


The succulent arrangements were beautiful.




























I love the variety of texture and shape while keeping the color palette simple. 
I guess I'm liking that indoors and out lately.


The garden vibe continued inside the shop with potted orchids, 
lots of natural wood, and bold fabrics.


Love that vanishing threshold ~ bringing the outdoors in and the indoors out ~ thing.
Love living in Southern California where this style is not only beautiful, but practical too.
And I always love finding a little unexpected inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...